Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Transition...

Transition charcoal on paper

Above is my most recent drawing, done yesterday. I was inspired to draw it because of a very close friend who has found herself in a very hard time. However, she has handled her hardship with courage, strength, and confidence. Whether she has noticed it or not, she has grown into a much stronger woman because of it. So the woman in this picture, who looks asleep or in a trance is finally coming out of the darkness and feeling the light shine down upon her skin. It's the moment of transition, the glimpse of the first light with a promise of more to come. This one's for you Dee Anna. I love you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

you are so talented! I wish I could draw like that!

14:55  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Awe, thank you Ang! Good to see you again! I hope you are well!

20:07  
Blogger Ang said...

you're welcome!!
I'm good; I hope you are, too.

22:56  
Anonymous Jerry said...

Nice pic Chick!!!

09:35  
Blogger Colleen said...

Absolutely beautiful! You really captured that well.

13:35  
Blogger TeenerBeener said...

That is such a neat drawing! I really admire the things you have said in this blog. My blogspot is:

07:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!