Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Keep seeking...

Strive to discover the mystery before life is taken from you. If while living you fail to find yourself, to know yourself, how will you be able to understand the secret of your existence when you die? Farid ud Din Attar
I found this while reading some Sufi poetry. As simple as it is, it reminded me that there is a beauty within souls who wander, question, and seek.
So, my friends, keep your eyes open. Know that you are still growing. Keep seeking knowledge, enlightenment, and the poem that you are. Forgive your faults and strive to transform them into something beautiful. Embrace your curiosity; keep questioning everything. That's what keeps our spirits alive. Keep searching, keep looking, but, most of all keep learning. Life's journey will leave it's mark on your soul...let it be beautiful and transcending for all to see.

5 Comments:

Anonymous mike said...

so true...I see life as a book that will never end...ups and downs ..peeks and valley...never a straight road....I love it....the more of life I know...the better I get to know myself....

10:34  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you so much for your inspiring insight, Mike. I agree with you totally. It is the ups and downs that give us character and better help us understand ourselves.

Hope you have a great day!

11:51  
Anonymous Rita said...

Beautiful! And I enjoy the comments as well... it made me reflect on how I think growth is circular...like peeling layers off an onion... our true nature is there underneath the personas, masks, and cultural dictates...as we commit to unfolding, the layers peel off... some go off easy...some refuse to budge and are slower to let go... but always we are becoming what we were meant to be. Thank you.

20:26  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you for the beautiful metaphor, Rita! That is a wonderful way of explaining it. You always have the most insightful things to say. Thanks for stopping by.

15:41  
Blogger jacob said...

Theres so much to learn both within and without.A burning enquiry which leaves life threadbare.The peeling off layers of the onion is precious.What have you at the end? the last peel throw it and you are that nothingness thats left at the end.That nothingness which is the ground for everything.That silence within when one is at peace with oneself and silence without when one is at peace with the world.Till then keep peeling mercilessly thats what I try to do. regards

02:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!