Wednesday, January 25, 2006

That's when you know it is bad...

T.....Y.....L......
The keys quietly click with the urgent tapping of nervous fingers....fingers searching for something the mind knows could be tragic news...but the fingers, independent of will continue on....click, click, click...
(Enter)... a poised breath, a moment of dreadful searching...
The glowing white with blurry black print...

How is it you know when a war becomes devastating to its parties? I will tell you when. It is when you catch yourself, draped in a casual fog of subconscious reality...."googling" the names of your past comrades and fellow soldiers (because you can't sleep for the nightmares depicting the worst)...the honorable people with whom you once served...trusting and loving like family...often more than family...politics aside, these are real people...dedicated people...loved people...

Sweat building and boiling from within, you hope, wish, and pray to get:
"No Match" or an irrelevant articles, but not.......
.......definitely not a casualty list...Because that is when you know it is bad...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tranquil Warrior...I took way from Yahoo to your Blog...but the journey is worth..WOW..your blogs are of high standard...You are very artistic..
Chick with a Gun is very good blog with depth in meaning. I liked it very much_____Balaji

01:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I dont know exactly how this Comment box works.Basically I am blogger in Yahoo.. My email id is jbaus_36@yahoo.com My name is Balaji

01:20  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Hi, Balaji & welcome! I am sorry you had difficulty with the comment box! I am glad you stopped by & I apprecate your message in yahoo. I sent you a message, in fact. Have a great day!

05:15  
Blogger Colleen said...

It is when you catch yourself, draped in a casual fog of subconscious reality...."googling" the names of your past comrades and fellow soldiers

So true. I know it must hurt doing that, and I know I did it myself while my former unit was over in Iraq. I hope you never got that match on the casualty list...it would be so heartbreaking.

08:40  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thanks for commenting, Colleen. You're right, it can be painful but I guess I just thought more about it last night.

I have, unfortunately gotten one match in the past, but the search I did last night came up with none, thank GOD!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are well. :)

09:03  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm doing wonderful thank you and hope you are doing well yourself! I am really loving your blog and getting to know more about you :) You are an amazing and inspiring woman.

13:46  
Blogger Caitlin Carr said...

"It is when you catch yourself, draped in a casual fog of subconscious reality..."

this is a great line, something i may have to steal one of these days

or at least add to my list of things to steal

i like your blog, though it freaks me out because i've not yet come to identify with some of these things you speak of

15:05  
Blogger Caitlin Carr said...

blogging is so weird.
isn't it?

people who blog are so weird.

15:08  
Anonymous Lynn Ann said...

*sigh* I'm so sad that this torments you my friend. I can only offer prayers for peace within.
You know where I am. A candle burns tonight for you.

*hugs*

19:27  
Anonymous GC Rita said...

Beautifully done and you honor your comrades with this! Thank you for sharing your journey and thoughts with us.

10:26  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate all of you stopping by & the kind words you all shared with me.

Have a wonderful weekend.

17:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!