Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sadness in the air...

I feel a thick sadness in the air tonight...a sadness which I cannot seem to ignore, no matter how hard I try. Like a pungent odor, it lingers in its selfish aura. Perhaps it will be gone (for me) in the morning, perhaps not. I feel as though I am absorbing the heartache of so many people, all over the world.

My heart goes out to those innocent people that died in Iraq today due to our negligence. To them, I extend my deepest apologies.

My condolences go out to those families in West Virginia who feel that extra empty spot inside of themselves after losing the ones they love.

Or that mother or father out there who has just received word that their son or daughter was killed in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Even that mother in Africa, whose otherwise healthy and promising 25 year old son has just died from AIDS.

I think sometimes that I feel too much for others...which in turn causes me to feel too much as just one person. I know there is nothing I can do to change this suffering in the world...nothing more than voicing my opinion, voting, standing up for what is right. But sometimes, it just feels overwhelming.

So, to any of you out there that might be suffering tonight, I am feeling your sorrow and I want to send you my warmest love and thoughts. May we all have a better tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy said...

Sister of my heart.. it is us in our compassion our love of this that helps, we may not be elbow deep in a trench fighting or up all nite in some lab finding a cure.. but you love being sent out in the universe helps it is added to all the others and it does make a differnance never forget it..

20:05  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

awe, thank you for the words of encouragement so poetically written.

much love ;)

14:15  
Anonymous Rita said...

I agree totally with gypsy...sending love and support does make a difference. I myself often visit this lovely Catholic church to light a candle during times like this and to recite the metta meditation. Small things such as that do add up : )

20:17  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you so much, Rita, for stopping in and making that comment. That sounds like a lovely thing you do. You sound like a truly good person. Thanks again!

14:50  
Anonymous Leopold said...

Thanks for your post, very useful information.
restaurant supply houston | vancouver tourist attractions | french patio doors

15:10  
Anonymous Rafe said...

It can't really have effect, I think this way.
nokia n8 plastic case | ipad camera connection kit | blackberry 9900 battery charger | samsung galaxy s2 case | purple ps3 wireless controller

02:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!