Friday, January 13, 2006

The Cold Wind

Just inside I hear it...my laughter fades...and I hear it outside...it's coming...
The whistling winds...the pelting of normally precious raindrops...and I try to ignore it...
But I feel it...again...the sorrow of the world...sneaking into my soul...uninvited...

Like water, it pours in...filling me with dread...
I try to fight it, but it pushes its way in...tearing me up inside as it does...

Just before, my heart soared...flying like an eagle through the clouds, without a care below
And, now, without warning...without reason near or far, my beautiful bird falls from the sky...

why? you ask...I have no answer
never have...

Will it pass?
Of course...eventually

Such is the curse of a passionate soul...a wandering spirit
Its course always unknown but never stagnant

The cold wind will blow..the storm will make itself known
The blanket of snow will cover me until the sun warms my face again...

Until then I dream...deep within...

3 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy said...

*hugs* i feel you sis, i have a rustlin wind outside my wind and i do not know if it carries tales of valor or of dread.....call me if ya like or speak my name deep at midnight.. im here....

21:27  
Blogger BlueMoon said...

Hi honey,

I understand what you are going through...Perfectly reasonable given that your hubby's father figure is gone now. Please express my condolences to him and give him a huge hug for me.

Wish I were there to hug ya both!

Love ya!

22:18  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you both for your warm wishes & love. I really needed it. I am emerging, once again, from the darkness of self-pity and ridiculous anguish.

Thanks again...lots of love to you both! HUGS

08:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!