Friday, October 21, 2005

Nice to meet you, Grandpa...

I have never met my grandpa (maternal side). He passed away in the late sixties before I was born. All I really know about him is that he served in WWII & was a pretty good father to my mom, when she was actually able to be around him (due to a bitter divorce).

Through the years, I have only seen one picture of him. It is faded and worn and is of him in his military uniform from the war. Leaning up against a white picket fence, arms crossed, smiling. He looks young, mischievous, vibrant & charming. And of course, atop his head he wears his hat, cocked a little to the side, like they all did back then.

So last night, in my dreams, I was quite surprised to find myself sitting in a football arena, for some strange reason, all alone in the stands. I sat there alone for quite awhile until I felt a presence to my right. I looked over and saw a man walking toward me with his hand in his pocket, smiling gently. All I remember from then on in this dream is he walks slowly toward me, and takes a seat right next to me in the arena. I smile at him & he smiles back. "Good to meet you," I say, somehow completely aware he is my grandfather, although he is much older than the one picture I have seen. He smiles.

I woke up, and sat up in my bed, the dream feeling very real as only certain dreams usually do to me. I went back to sleep but I thought about him all day until I decided to call my mom and tell her about my dream. I told her exactly what I told you, except I noticed after I finished she had grown completely silent. "Mom, you there?," I asked. With a shaky voice, on the verge of tears, she uttered "He always had his hand in his pocket."

So, all afternoon now, I have felt his presence, but I don't know what it means. All this time, I have never dreamt of him. My mother rarely mentions him, and I have only seen one picture of him. Now, he decides to show up and I wonder what it means.

Regardless of what it means, I now feel better about things, just knowing he is around, apparently watching after me....And that feels great. So, thanks, grandpa for stopping in. It was nice to meet you.

5 Comments:

Blogger BlueMoon said...

I am glad this has put you at ease and helped you gain some peace.

*HUG*

21:49  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

thank your for those kind words

22:23  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Hug sis, remember this is the time year when the veil is thin and is the best time for them to cross over and deliver there messages. I am glad you were able to be blessed by him.

09:00  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

Thank you for your kind words too Gypsy :) Yes, the veil is thin & I am really glad he made himself known to me. :D
*hugs*

13:30  
Anonymous Bryon said...

Thanks so much for your post, pretty helpful information.
natural anxiety remedies | Limo Services In Los Angeles | Indoor Water Park In Indiana

20:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!