Wednesday, October 05, 2005

An Inspiring Quote


I thought I would share with you my favorite quote from one of my favorite movies. I like it so much because of it's raw, timeless truth. It is taken from The Count of Monte Cristo written by Alexandre Dumas, screenplay by Jay Wolpert and is quoted by the main character, Edmond Dantes a.k.a. The Count of Monte Cristo. (Sorry about the run-on sentence folks ;) )

"Life is a storm my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment and be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into the storm as you shout as you did in Rome. 'Do your worst for I will do mine!'. Then the Fates will know you as we know you..."

So, if you are fortunate enough as I am today, to have the sun shining down upon you, savor and enjoy it. It may not last forever, unfortunately. Be ready at any time to take a stand for what you believe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jesse said...

Oh my god, there is a great deal of helpful data above!
site

13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!