Sunday, October 30, 2005

The hypocritical bar conversation...

So I met my brother to have a drink the other night. He called & seemed kind of down like he needed some company, so I decided to lend him my ear. He told me to meet him at this quaint & classy little bar downtown.

I arrived before him and had time to appreciate the beautifully lit aquariums outside the bar & the fountains on the wall inside of it. I sat down at the bar and ordered a glass of Reisling (my favorite white wine) and this well-dressed but suspiciously handsome man, about in his forties sat next to me and asked the bartender for a drink. Conversation commenced.

After a few obligatory weather references and current event comments, he began complaining about his "ex"-wife and how he did not ever want to marry again because of all the problems with marriage. I listened, annoyed a bit, but listened as he rambled, cursed & complained. Then, feeling the atmosphere was right to interject my opinion, I said "yes, and we don't want to let two consenting, loving adults get married because they happen to be gay. And the reason we use is "the sanctity of marriage", because straight people have that down soooo well."

Took a bit aback he shook his head while he sloshed down more redneck beer and responded, "What they are doing is wrong & they should not be allowed to do it. They are sinners." Then he took a look around the bar at all the scantily clad women and looked back at me and winked. Then he got up from his seat, leaned over and whispered in my ear that it was nice to meet me but now he had to go "get some of that" and began to trail some women that looked more like expensive hookers.

My blood boiled & I watched him as he tried to make his moves on a tall, skinny blonde. Then my brother showed up and sat down next to me. Turns out, he knew the guy that was talking to me at the bar & apparently that guy is married. The plot thickens, I thought as I devised an evil plan.

I continued while my brother & I talked casually, to watch the married man making his moves on yet another young lady. Turned down by both, I thought it was time to put my plan in action. I meandered over to him and whispered in his ear "So let me get this straight. It's wrong for two people to get married when they are in LOVE but it is perfectly ok for you to go cheating on your wife because you are straight. Sanctity of marriage my @$$!"

His jaw dropped and he wondered how I knew he was married. "My brother says hi," and I pointed in his direction. Not another word came out of that man's mouth & he ended up leavin the bar "empty handed" shortly thereafter. Mission accomplished & point made....at least to him maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger BlueMoon said...

Score one for the chicka!!! I am proud of you.

I missed you and your writing while I was gone...Thanks for missing me.

=)

21:43  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

lol...it felt pretty good too to call the jerk out on it..lol ;)

I did miss you!!!! :D

14:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!