Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Army Wants You Back!


Ok, so you may have to squint a bit to see this, but look at what I ran across while surfing the web tonight. It seems that the military is really hurting for recruits. Could it be that we are spread too thin all across the world? (gasp!) Surely not!
Please note that this specific snapshot of the website shows a form one can fill out and submit to be contacted by a recruiter. It waves money in your face..."up to $150,000 in bonuses" (ummmm.......right)
This specific form is for "prior service" like myself; someone who served a lot of time and got out for whatever reason.
Although I do consider it from time to time, I can't help but chuckle a bit at the way it seems to be bribing us former soldiers. "Please baby, take me back. I'll buy you lots of nice things & treat you better this time...I promise. I'll do ANYTHING to get you back! I can CHANGE, baby, I can CHANGE!!! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli Perkins-Bauer said...

Ok, I actually got a call from them! Yes indeedy. I told them, nicely, no thanks, I don't want to be sent to Iraq and leave my kids motherless. I promise I said it nicely. :) I then thanked the guy for serving our country, but then when I hung up, I said "and we're all dumb for serving this president." Tough job! Thanks for visiting my site. Keep coming back.

18:20  
Blogger Chick With A Gun said...

LOL...yes, aren't those calls fun? I have not yet gotten one; I think they decided to leave me alone since I served 8 years and my back is really messep up at this point.) I appreciately your kindness but I understand your frustration b/c I don't want to serve this president and his agenda. Anyway, take care and thanks for posting!

09:03  
Anonymous Rufus said...

It cannot have effect as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I suppose.
day bed | computer voice generator | king size bed

18:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!